Monday, January 22, 2007

Fiskars Challenge

From Fiskateers.com

challenges return!
posted by: May posted in: Crafts on: January 19, 2007
Ok, so I took a few months off from challenges because very few people were participating… but I think that I’ll try bringing them back! (I’ve had some requests via e-mail)

Challenge #1 of the new year: Ugly Betty

No, I’m not talking about the TV show I enjoy, but rather your photos. Maybe they’re old (pre-digital), blurry, not all shiny and pretty like some of the ones you’ve been scrapping. Perhaps the colors are clashing or it’s just ugly. (but) This photo (or photos!) has heart, and holds a story that needs to be told in your scrapbook. Know what I’m talking about? Your challenge is to scrap one of them! (or more, if you like!) Focus on the story, and enjoy. My ‘ugly’ is shown above. Bad lighting, my sister is half cut off, there’s terrible wallpaper in the back… but it’s special. So it gets a page. (paper is Teresa Collins for Junkitz, stickers are Heidi Grace, chipboard letters Cloud 9, and pocket is 7gypsies)

I think as the first 07 challenge that I’m offering I should offer up a prize. So… I will draw a winner (RANDOMLY) for a new Fiskars rotary trimmer on 2/4. (you must enter by 2/3 midnight PST) Also, everyone who enters by 1/25 will get a package of rain dots. Sound good? There’s more! If your page features an especially cool idea or technique and I post it on the blog you’ll get bonus goodies!

The rules: READ THESE CAREFULLY!!!

You have until 2/3 to enter
upload your page to the fiskateer gallery. Be sure to mention any fiskars products you used.
E-mail me may@fiskateers.com (in ONE e-mail only) your full name, mailing address, favorite color, anything special I should know about your page, and a link to your page here at the fiskateers gallery.
If you are having any difficulty loading your page here then instead include in your e-mail (as attachment) a jpeg of your page.
You may enter more than one page, however they all must be new creations. Please e-mail me once per entry.
e-mail me any questions (may@fiskateers.com)
Ok, sorry if that sounds real strict… but it’s going to be a CRAZY few weeks here with CHA and all, so I need you to follow directions and make it as smooth as possible for me. So take your time, and read the rules carefully!!!

How is that for a first challenge? Have fun!

added for clarification: you do NOT have to be in the photo. The photo just has to fall under the ‘ugly’ or imperfect category and have a memory/story attached.

0 comments: